Wednesday 4 December 2013

Elmwood - Initial Research.

To initially get a feel for this industry I started looking at the current branding for taxi companies in the Leeds area as this would potentially be my competition. I found that across the board they were all very similar, with none standing out against the others. The colours that were commonly used were red and blue, although I'm unsure why this is. The branding has also been applied to the cars in the same way, however I don't necessarily believe this is a bad thing as it creates consistency for the audience in recognising cabs from passing cars. The typefaces are also always sans serif, with caps and bold styles being favoured.

I feel that for my new brand I would like to design something that breaks a lot of these conventions and come out with an outcome that is unique and will rand out against the competition, therefore making it memorable for potential customers.












No comments:

Post a Comment