Thursday 28 November 2013

Galina London - Creating Gift Cards.

Another product I wanted to create was gift card as I thought it would be a good asset to the collection. I didn't want to use the regular card I had been using for the rest of items as it wasn't a suitable material for a card like this. I managed to source a stock that was black with a slight sheen that was perfect for what I needed. I then drew out a selection of designs to take to the laser cutter, I used a few as I couldn't tell which would be most successful. I also used a few different laser settings like cut through, emboss and raster, to get some varied effects. My favourite used cut through on all sections as I found the other made the detail quite illegible. To complete this product I was initially going to use white in the centre but I found that again the velvet really suited.



No comments:

Post a Comment