Friday, 28 February 2014

Champneys - Marbling Experiments.

From our research we had decided that we didn't want to go along the route of a floral pattern as the current market is saturated with that kind of design and we wanted something that would stand out and be memorable for the audience. We purchased marbling inks online and were excited to see what kind of results we would get. Initially we were quite underwhelmed as the patterns that we were producing were nothing like what we had imagined as they were very dotty and the colours weren't merging together. However after some perseverance and adding a great deal more ink the results were hugely more successful and we began to experiment with a variety of stocks: card, watercolour, coloured etc and also added some addition dye to create more depth. Overall this was a great learning experience and we are both very pleased with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment