After some recent discussions with Rosie, she decided that she would prefer the business cards to involve less colour so that it would match better with further collections. I have taken this on board and started producing some new designs.
When creating these altered looks I knew I wanted to include the logo, plus the horizontal line as I felt this linked well with the look book and could easily be applied to the web aspect as well to create a cohesive appearance. I started with a black background although I found that this looked to intense so I inverted the colours and I found that even though it was high contrast it appealed to me a lot more.
To create something a bit more engaging I experimented with reflecting the main logo to create a more of a statement design, I liked how the shapes of the letters fitted together. I scaled down this down so the composition had more white space which I feel improves the design. I also lowered the opacity of the separating line as it provides some contrast and makes the logo more of a focal point. Another experimentation was to rotate the piece, I think this looks interesting but is maybe to gimmicky for the sophisticated look I'm going for.
For my final design I decided to simplify it from the previous developments and get rid of the reflect aspect. I also introduced the full name of Rosanna Millinery as this is something Rosie wanted as it helps to clarify the brand. A black colour scheme was also produced as an alternative.